PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR Five Home APPLICATION
1. Our approach to respecting your privacy
Thank you for trusting us with your personal data. We, Five Home, with company registration BE877.685.296 (“Five Technologies SRL”) are responsible for certain processing activities of your personal data within Five Home smart Application (the “Application”). The Application is an application that you may decide to connect to your Five Home product (s) compatible with the Application or products from third parties which through collaborations between the third party and Five Home are made compatible with the Application (“Third Party Products”). We greatly respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting it through compliance with this privacy statement. We commit ourselves to be transparent with you by providing clear information about what personal data we collect; what we do with it and why; who we disclose it to; how we protect personal data and what choices you have regarding the use of your personal data by us and third parties.
2. What personal data do we collect and why?
We are happy that you share your personal data with us! We want to make your experience with us as joyful, meaningful and simple as possible. To achieve this we collect some information about you. This section tells you what personal data we collect, where we got it from and why.
3. Who do we share your personal data with?
Your personal data is safe with us: we do not sell or trade your personal data to other third parties. We may only disclose personal data as set out in this Privacy Statement. When we share personal data with others we require them to keep it safe. In this section you can learn more about who we share your personal data with.
4. How do we protect your personal data?
Looking after your personal data is important to us. We have implemented measures to protect your personal data against destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access.
5. For how long time do we process your personal data?
Technical information related to your Five Home system, your Application and your device as well as information about your use of the Application will be stored for as long as you use the Application. We also store the personal data in order for us to provide technical functionality of the Application and to enable your use of the Application. We will however regularly delete personal data that we no longer need for the above stated purposes.
We process the above mentioned personal data in aggregated form, as well as diagnostic data for one (1) year after it was collected.
If it is necessary because of legal requirements or decisions made by authorities we will process your personal data for a longer period of time than stated above.
6. What are your privacy rights?
This section explains the rights you have regarding your personal data. If you would like to exercise any of your rights, or receive more information about them, please contact us via the contact details at the end of this Privacy Statement and we will help you out. Please note that some of the rights may not be applicable to your situation.
- Right of access
- You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data, and, if we do, request access to your personal data as well as information in relation to our processing. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about what personal data we process, you are always welcome to contact us and we will provide you with further information.
- Right to rectification
- If you believe we store incorrect personal data, such as misspelt or previous name or address, you can ask us to correct this.
- Right to erasure / right to be forgotten
- You have the right to request that we permanently erase your personal data from our records.
- Right to restrict the processing activities
- You have the right to restrict our processing activities in certain situations. This means we will continue to store your personal data, but we’ll temporarily stop any other processing. Why would you want to do this? For example if you’ve asked us to fix incorrect personal data. In this situation you may want us to stop processing until the personal data is correct.
- Right to data portability
- In certain situations you have the right to ask us to send your personal data in digital form to you or directly to another controller.
- Right to object
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, even when we have a legitimate legal reason to process it. You can do this when we process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, and you believe your personal interest outweighs ours.
- Right to withdraw consent
- In case the processing of your personal data is based on your consent [for example for direct marketing], you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before this withdrawal. Please note that although we will stop as much processing of your personal data as soon as possible, some aspects of an initiated marketing campaign may continue for a short time after you withdraw your consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
- If you aren’t satisfied with the way we treat your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint against us to the relevant supervisory authority. For example, if you are based in the UK the relevant supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
8. Who to contact?
If you have questions about our privacy statement or practices, please feel free to get in touch.